From broccoli to spinach to tilapia to lamb, we haven't found anything he doesn't like yet. And with all the great summer fruits available these days, I've been trying to introduce him to new fruits.
Initially I was cutting the fruit into little pieces and either putting them in his mouth or handing them to him. (The latter method was not as successful since it turns out that tiny pieces of slippery fruit are kind of tricky for a baby to hold on to...) But then one day a mom friend mentioned to me that when feeding her baby fruits like peaches, she takes a bite herself to start it off, then offers the fruit to her baby, so he can take a bite himself.
Not wanting Rhys to be outdone of course, I thought we could give that technique a try. So I started a peach and then offered him a bite. He bit right in, joined me in holding the peach and didn't let go ...
After awhile I realized that my holding of the peach was superfluous; he was holding the peach all by himself and wasn't about to let it go (I tried unsuccessfully to take it back from him at one point to get him to take a break).
Here are some pics from Rhys's first peach:
When all was said and done, all that was left was...
We're adding peaches (and nectarines and plums) to the list of foods that Rhys likes.











No comments:
Post a Comment