Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hiking in West Virginia

Jeremy and I have always joked that we are splitting the difference between his parents in Maine and my parents in Florida, but particularly since Rhys joined us, it sometimes seems like we are just far from everyone. 

An exciting new development for us though is that my brother Dwight and his girlfriend, Laurie, recently moved to West Virginia (just three hours away!).  It's really nice to now have family within easy driving distance and we decided to try out the drive for Memorial Day weekend.  My parents were visiting too, so Rhys also got to see Nana and Grandpa Jeff too!

Rhys did really well on the drive down. He got fussy for a bit, but was happy again after I moved in the back seat with him.  The drive back wasn't too bad, but he did get tired of being in his carseat after we hit some traffic.  This time, Jeremy and I discovered that singing to him can help his mood as well.  This worked pretty well, but I think we stretched the limits of the number and variety of animals that can fit on Old MacDonald's farm ...

While visiting Uncle Dwight and Laurie, Rhys went hiking in his first state forest: Coopers Rock State Forest in Morgantown, WV.  

Getting ready for the hike!






Exploring the forest - posing on a rock

Laurie, Uncle Dwight, Nana, Mom (Bronwen), Grandpa Jeff, Dad (Jeremy), and Rhys on Coopers Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment